The one to four-week artist residency provides comfortable living and working space in the High Desert of Southern California near Joshua Tree National Park. Artists are encouraged to spend their time at the Desert House taking risks in developing new processes and to engage in the rich environmental and cultural contexts of the high desert. We welcome artists and writers representing the widest possible range of artistic practice.
To Apply please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and pay the $10 application fee through the link below.
Residencies are offered at $350 per week, per resident
- CV/Resume (2 page maximum)
- Which month(s) are you applying for? Please indicate your first, second and third choice(s).
- Are you applying as a collaborative team? If so, please specify if you need separate beds.
In 500 words or less:
- Describe your artistic interests (influences, general artist statement, direction).
- Please describe what attracts you to The Desert House residency.
- Provide 5-10 images for consideration, including title, year, medium, and dimensions.
If your work is time based or has video documentation, you may also link to media from YouTube, SoundCloud, and Vimeo.
Size requirements: Images up to 5MB each; Video up to 250MB each; Audio up to 30MB each; and PDFs up to 10MB each.
- PLAYWRITING / SCREENWRITING: 1 or 2 work samples – 30 page maximum.
- FICTION / NONFICTION: 1 or 2 work samples – 30 page maximum.
- POETRY: at least 2 works samples – 10 page maximum.